FBC Pryor’s Precautionary Measures Will Be Made in Compliance with State and Local Governing and Health Authorities' Open Up and Recover Safely Plan (OURS)
Phase 1: April 24 – May 14, Precautionary Measures for Reopening Places of Worship
Phase 2: State Goal May 15, Some Restrictions Lifted
Phase 3: State Goal June 1, More Restrictions Lifted
- 1. The best source for statistical COVID-19 information, both for Oklahoma and the United States, we have found is available at https://coronavirus.health.ok.gov/.
- 2. Specific recommendations for Places of Worship in Oklahoma have been developed by the Oklahoma Department of Commerce at https://www.okcommerce.gov/wp-content/uploads/Places-of-Worship-Guidance.pdf. Of particular interest in these recommendations is this: “If your business has been unoccupied for 7 days or more, it will only need your normal routine cleaning to reopen the area. This is because the virus that causes COVID-19 has not been shown to survive on surfaces longer than this time” and “Following your normal routine cleaning, you can disinfect frequently touched surfaces and objects using a product from EPA’s list of approved products that are effective against COVID-19.”
- 3. FBC Pryor will resume Morning Worship Services Sunday May 24 at 10:15 A.M.
- 4. If you have any symptoms of COVID-19, please stay home and worship with us online either Livestreaming at https://www.facebook.com/FirstBaptistPryorOK/ or recorded at www.pryorfbc.org/media.
- 5. If you are afraid of contracting COVID-19 or feel you are at a high risk, please stay home and worship with us online either Livestreaming at https://www.facebook.com/FirstBaptistPryorOK/ or recorded at www.pryorfbc.org/media.
- 6. Please take your temperature before coming to church. If it is 100.4 or higher, stay home.
- 7. Wearing of a facemask is considerate of others, and, therefore, suggested, but not required.
- 8. There will be no Sunday night or Wednesday night events, EXCEPT for the Youth Group, which will be meeting outdoors only on Wednesdays at 6:00 P.M., likely beginning June 3.
- 9. There will be no Sunday School or Connect Group classes until further notice.
- 10. There will be no nursery until further notice.
- 11. There will be no weddings or funerals held in the church until further notice.
- 12. There will be no coffee or food items offered anywhere in the church until further notice.
- 13. There will be no Children’s Church (Kids in Worship) until further notice.
- 14. There will be no handshaking.
- 15. There will be no passing of the offering plates. Instead, drop boxes are at the back and south side entrances of the Worship Center for attendees to put in whatever they wish to give. Giving online, by mail, or dropping checks by the office are encouraged.
- 16. The doors into the foyer and the Worship Center will be propped open so that there is no need to touch the handles.
- 17. We ask that bathrooms be used one person at a time, and we have hand sanitizer handy, even after users wash their hands. Hand sanitizer dispensers are available in the foyer as well.
- 18. The chairs in the Worship Center have been rearranged with every other row removed and relocated throughout the room for adequate spacing according to Department of Commerce guidelines. There are approximately 242 adequately spaced chairs on the floor. The foyer and choir loft could provide overflow seating if necessary.
- 19. Seating will be open and by family units, meaning those you are comfortable being close to, and babies are welcome since there is no nursery; we will just do church the old-fashioned way with all children present.
- 20. Greeters should wear masks. FBC has masks on hand to give out to anybody wanting one.
- 21. There will be no bulletin (The Loop) to distribute, but it can be received through email by contacting Pat Phillips at 825-3232 or email@example.com if you want one.